Tread Wisely Ambassador Program
Calling all youth with a love for traveling, meeting new people, and road safety! Apply today to become a Tread Wisely Ambassador. Applications are due by March 24, 2017.
NOYS, in coordination with Cooper Tire & Rubber Company, is proud to announce the launch of the Tread Wisely Ambassador Program!
Tread Wisely Ambassador Program
Tread Wisely Ambassadors are young adults (ages 18-24*) with a passion for educating others and having fun at the same time. They get excited to network and talk to people, learn about what’s important in their lives, and introduce the idea of being intentional about the way we use the road.
What does that mean? Well, it means caring for really important things like your tires, and also paying attention to how you act when you’re driving, riding in a car as a passenger, and even using public transportation or walking.
It turns out that it’s usually easy to care for your tires and practice safe road use, but not everyone has been taught the basics. As a Tread Wisely Ambassador, it will be your job to attend national and local events where you will teach the three steps of tire safety, as well as general road user safety. Everything you need to know to do this job will be taught at a fun, hands-on training in Findlay, Ohio on April 7-8, 2017.
Tread Wisely Ambassadors are also expected to get people involved in the program by encouraging teens and young adults to download the Tread Wisely app, sign up to host local Tread Wisely educational events, share their experience on social media, and put into practice what they’ve learned.
Applications will be accepted until March 24, 2017. Apply today!
Tread Wisely Ambassador Benefits
- $1,000 Stipend. We appreciate hard work, and this stipend is one way for us to say “thank you.” Half of the stipend will be paid at the conclusion of the Ambassador training in April, and half will be paid upon successful completion of the program.
- Travel. You’ll go to a minimum of two national events a year, as well as some local events. Travel costs are covered, and you’ll have a little time at each location to sightsee.
- Training. Knowing how to take proper care of your tires and how to use the road safely is empowering. We’ll give you all the training and resources you need to do this job and do it well. A mandatory Ambassador training will take place in Findlay, Ohio from April 7-8, 2017. All expenses will be covered. You’ll get to hone some additional skills too, like public speaking and media relations.
- New Friends. Call us biased, but the young leaders who get involved with NOYS are pretty cool. You’ll meet the other Tread Wisely Ambassadors at the Ohio training, and you’ll work together in teams to cover national events.
- Making a Difference. Talking about tires and driving behavior may not seem like a hot topic, but it’s hugely important. We all use transportation in some form. We can stay so much safer when we pay attention to the condition of our tires, our cars, and how we drive. Help us communicate why it’s important and make a difference!
Tread Wisely Ambassador Qualifications
Tread Wisely Ambassadors are young adults between the ages of 18-24. Often described as a “people person,” they enjoy activities that are challenging yet rewarding, are motivated by accomplishing a clearly outlined set of goals, and are looking for opportunities to network and build their resumes. Tread Wisely Ambassadors also practice what they preach. All Ambassadors will be asked to sign statements agreeing to practice tire and driver safety in their everyday lives.
All applicants who meet eligibility criteria will be invited to participate in a Skype interview. A maximum of 15 Tread Wisely Ambassadors will be selected for this year’s program.
* Tread Wisely Ambassadors must be between the ages of 18-24 as of March 1, 2017.