- Each day in the U.S., more than 3,200 youth aged 18 years or younger smoke their first cigarette.
- 5.6 million Americans younger than 18 will die early from a smoking-related illness.
- The percentage of teens who view regular use of e-cigarettes as harmful has increased in recent years, from 18.5% to 21.3% among 8th graders and from 17% to 19.1% among 10th graders.
- Vaping is less harmful than smoking, but quality control and more stringent standards for their production/sale are necessary to minimize health risks.
- Tobacco products like hookahs and cigars are declining among high school seniors.