- 10% of drivers of all ages under the age of 20 involved in fatal crashes were reported as distracted at the time of the crash. This age group has the largest proportion of drivers who were distracted.
- In 2013, there were 2,910 fatal crashes that involved distraction.
- In the first six months of 2016, highway deaths went up 10.4% to 17,775 from the comparable period of 2015.
- In a 2015 car crash in Georgia, a teenage driver collided with an Uber driver after being distracted while using Snapchat.
- In 2013, a total of 294 distracted drivers ages 15-19 were involved in fatal crashes.