- At least 11 US high-school athletes died playing football during the fall 2015 season.
- Among youth age 19 and younger, 13- to 15-year-olds account for the largest number of sports-related injuries.
- A 2014 study provides new evidence that high school athletes may be returning to the field too early after suffering a concussion.
- A study from University of Alabama at Birmingham (2014) reviews possible developmental risk factors in a review of age, sex, and incidence of 39 sport and recreational injuries.
- The National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases offers a preventative guide for parents that also contains information on treating sports injuries and sports-specific information.